Courses are very flexible, responding to individual needs and abilities. Working in small groups to ensure everyone’s needs are met and that we make the most of the weather and snow conditions. We offer courses for beginners, intermediate and winter climbing. We can also offer flexibility within these dates – longer or shorter courses on dates to suit – please enquire for details.
Introduction to Winter Mountaineering – A great introduction to those who are new to winter sports
- Essential Winter Skills; ice axe arrest, use of crampons, avalanche assessment, safe travel & navigation
- An introductory gully or winter scramble
- Building emergency shelters, igloos and snow holes
Winter Mountaineering Course – Aimed at those with some winter mountaineering experience wanting to progress their skills.
- A refresher of basic Winter Skills
- Guided ascent of winter climbs and scrambles – improving your climbing techniques
- Building your confidence and skills in the mountains in winter – bringing it all together; navigation, safe travel, emergency procedures etc.
Winter Climbing – Develop your skills to safely enjoy the steeper areas of the mountains
- Anchors and protection
- Route choice
- Rope management
- Lots of practice under close supervision
Return transport from Hollowford on day 1 and day 6 (if required)
All accommodation, food (other than meals when travelling) & transport
5 days professional instruction
What’s NOT included
Meals when travelling + any meals out (we usually go out to eat on the final night!)
Hire of winter boots
Ski hire and lift passes
Cost – £520
If you’re interested in booking a place please get in touch on 01433 620377.